Friday, January 15, 2010

Blanket Update :)

I haven't worked on the blanket very much over the past six weeks, but plan to get back in gear and make some progress on it. I think I made it way to long...seems to take forever to get to the next row! She'll be able to cover her entire bed with it by the time I'm done!




We've submitted our home study a few times this month already. We've heard back from a couple of the workers too, which is always so nice! It can be really frustrating when you email and leave messages inquiring about different kids and you never hear anything back. I'm sure they're really busy and they're constantly bombarded with inquiries, but still...it's really frustrating!

I read this article today about the children of Haiti whose plans to be adopted by U.S. families are now in limbo due to the earthquake. I just can't imagine what these parents are going through. To be so close to having your children home and then have something so terrible happen. Those poor kids over there. I just can't even imagine. I wish there was more we could do. Hopefully they will figure out a way to expedite all these cases and get these kids over here quickly.

If you would like to donate to the American Red Cross to help with the Haiti relief effort, you can do so  here.

No comments: