Thursday, January 7, 2010

As sad as I am that the Holidays are over, I am so happy to be back into our regular routine again. 2009 was quite a busy year for us. The first half of the year was filled with wedding planning and also with getting our home study completed. At the time I thought preparing for both of those things would never end, but looking back I can't believe how fast they both went. By the beginning of July our home study was complete and we were officialy waiting to be matched. Four weeks later Steve and I were married and more than ready to enjoy the last few weeks of summer.

The rest of the fall was fairly uneventful - we celebrated T's ninth birthday and Thanksgiving in November and looked forward to spending Christmas and New Years with our family at my moms house. Our December took a turn for the worst when I received a early morning telephone call from my Aunt that my dad's health had taken a turn for the worst. Unfortunately, my dad lost his battle with cancer that day. But I am grateful that I was able to be with him during his final moments and that he is no longer suffering.

So now, we are looking forward to an exciting new year. We hope and pray that this year blesses us with a long awaited addition to our family. We don't have a whole lot planned for this year. Just a few little things - we plan to put new sheetrock and insulation up in the sun room in order to make it a television and play room for the kids. With everything we had going on last summer I didn't get to do a lot of planting, so a small garden and lots of flowers is on the agenda for the summer as well. We also hope to get in lots of camping time and are planning to take a week and go the Black Hills of South Dakota, or the Wisconsin Dells. We have our fingers crossed that we will be able to share all these things with another little one!!!

Happy 2010 everyone!!

No comments: