Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Home Study Update Visit

Last night our adoption worker, Katie, came over for our annual home study update visit. Everything went good, just a few odds and ends of paperwork to fill out. This time around we are applying for our foster care license which will open us up to adopting Minnesota kids, as well as being placed with kids that have a concurrent plan, whether it be reunification with a birth parent, or being adopted.

I can definitely say that my outlook on adoption has changed this past year. I've done a lot of research and reading these past twelve months and have had my eyes opened to some of the behaviors and challenges that come along with RAD and FASD that I didn't know existed before. Just reading blogs on here and listening to what other adoptive parents have to say has really taught me a lot. I definitely think we are more prepared today that we were last year at this time. So waiting this past year hasn't necessarily been a bad thing. It's gave us a lot of time to talk, think and learn....but enough with the waiting - we're ready now!!!

The summer has been good so far. We've stayed busy getting things cleaned up at the lot and Steve has put in lots of hours building a nice deck and putting in a dock. Now if the weather would just warm up so we could use it! We are planning on going out there tonight to have a picnic and set up the gazebo.
 I think this weekend we'll be out there too - hopefully tubing if it's warm enough.

No comments: